Info

This is my website that I use to advertise my personal training services and to publish short articles that I have written concerning health and fitness. If you wish to see the information on Personal Training Services please navigate to the correct page using the bar above. If not please feel free to look at the newest posts displayed below.

Friday 24 May 2013

ON Amino Energy Review






     Optimum Nutritions Essential Amino Enery is a supplement to deliver essential amino acids, increase nitric oxide production, improve muscle recovery and improve energy levels and focus. I am able to review a few areas of this supplement, mainly the effects felt during a training session and how affected my energy levels and recovery.

     Firstly, the flavour I have is fruit punch. While not important with regard to the physical effects of the supplement, the flavour is the first thing you notice about any supplements you have. The fruit flavour Amino Energy is very sweet and quite enjoyable to drink. It does not become too sickly if you are sipping on it, a big plus compared to some other supplements out there. It sits very well in your stomach too, meaning you don't feel it sloshing around as you being your training.

     I took my first does of this supplement before a back session, so had quite an intense workout to get through. I did notice a difference in how I was recovering and able to push myself during the session, taking less time to recover and being able to complete more reps of each exercise than normal. The energy in this supplement comes from caffine and beta-Alanine, so a tingling feeling is to be expected when taking it, as well as raised heart rate and more sweating. As far as I can tell there is no B12 included.

     The dosing recommended before a training session is 4-6 scoops. However, at £30 a tub (which is only half full too), having 6 scoops would cause you to run out very quickly. I only had 2 scoops (1 serving) and definitly felt the influence of it.

     Overall, this supplement does what it says in terms of energy boosting and focus improvement during a workout. The amino delivery and improved recovery between sessions is something you will have to decide on yourselves after extended use. If you can afford to buy it, go for it, but if not, keep it for those days where you need a bit of an extra boost.

     As always, please share this if you liked it, it really helps me out and doesn't take much. Thanks!

Relevant Links: Grenade .50 Calibre Review

No comments:

Post a Comment